At two weeks notice Bala & District Motor Club stepped forward to organise a second trial on the same venue following the cancellation of a neighbouring club’s event. The sections remained similarly to Saturdays, but scores dropped as sections seemed to wear in. Fresh from celebrating his teams win the Champions league, Mark Hoppe hit the ground running, but was beaten by club stalwart Kevin Roberts over the first eight hills. Hoppe hauled him in and extended a ten point lead which proved enough to win overall. Garry Preston took revenge over North for the day before defeat to finish a close second overall. Preston and North over the weekends sixtyfour hills were separated by just a point!! Trevor Moffatt surprised Henry Kitching to take an early lead and kept it all together to win the new car class by just four points and fourth overall. Local Sion Rhistart had a great day in his diesel 205 in a very creditable sixth overall. Kevin Roberts dropped back in the rear wheel drive class, just beating Barrie Parker who closed to three points during the afternoon.
- Mark Hoppe, Dutton Melos, 77.3%
- Garry Preston, Fiat 127, 80.6%
- Rupert North, Rover Mini, 92.8%
- Trevor Moffatt, Vauxhall Corsa, 94.3
- Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 99.5%
- Sion Rhistart, Peugeot 205D, 104.8%
- Graham Price, VW Lupo TDi, 117.6%
- Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 127.3%
- Nigel Jones, Peugeot 205D, 140.7%
- Barrie Parker, Westfield, 140.9%
Bala & District MC have kindly stepped in to complete our weekend of trials after C&A MC gave notice of the cancellation of their MAS Trial for reasons beyond their control. Welcome to the Blodyn Aur Car Trial!
Please enter via the Bala & District MC web site at: Bala & DMC