Philip Buckle decimated the Warwickshire trial to win his first national car trial by a massive margin in surprisingly dry conditions. Mark Hoppe extended his British championship lead by finishing second overall, just ahead of Barrie Parker who won the rear wheel drive class, having finished sixth in class at his last event.
1. Philip Buckle, Citroen Saxo, 54.3%
2. Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 78.3%
3. Barrie Parker, Westfield, 88.2%
4. Nick Pollitt, VW Lupo, 103.1%
5. Steve Courts, Hillman Imp, 105%
6. Colin Read, Vauxhall Nova, 107%
7. Roger Holder, Vauxhall Nova, 108%
8. Ray Jacobs, Citroen AX, 113%
9. Chris Buckle, Citroen AX, 116%
10. Chris Judge, Citroen Saxo, 119%
This long-established event at the picturesque Burton Dassett Country Park is a favourite for many of our championship contenders. This is one of the rare events where spectators can be expected and is a great shop-window for our sport. May we draw your attention to SR 20(d) in which the club have exercised the option to make front-seat passengers non-obligatory. The choice is yours – but you must stick with it for the entirety of the event.