Neil Mackay dominated the Ivinghoe Car Trial all day to take a decisive win at his first event of the year, sporting new tyres, in extremely dry conditions that saw the tyre pressures increased for the day. Colin Reid returned in his Nova, to be Mackay's nearest challenger, ahead of Roger Holder. Having gone clean all morning Dave Oliver and Steve Courts tied at the end of the day finishing in that order, after sections were severely toughened for the afternoon. Reigning MSA Champion Mark Hoppe won the new car class in sixth overall ahead John Wadsworth who debuted his newer Ford Ka.
1. Neil Mackay, Citroen AX, 58%
2. Colin Reid, Vauxhall Nova, 77%
3. Roger Holder, Vauxhall Nova, 86%
4. Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 88%
5. Steve Courts, Hillman Imp, 88%
6. Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 90%
7. John Wadsworth, Ford KA, 111%
8. Chris Judge, Citroen Saxo, 118%
9. Roger Trevaskis, Vauxhall Nova, 131%
Falcon Motor Club, one of the country's most active trials clubs, look forward to seeing you at their Ivinghoe Spring Trial for a super day of car trials. This is sure to be a popular event and early entries are to be encouraged.