HCC Wales Car Trial, Sunday 21st July
Les Andrew made up for the previous days mistakes and drove impeccably to win the HCC Wales trial by a clear margin. Kevin Roberts beat his brother in law for a change to take the class win and second overall having just clipped a four post all day. Barrie Parker also drove very well in extremely dry and dusty conditions to win his class and third overall, after hitting a ten post just after lunch, his only points dropped all day. Young David Allman won the new car class beating Henry Kitching by just two points, with the next two just three points further back in the class. Dave Oliver returned his broken Imp to the Midlands overnight and returned in his classic trials Peugeot 205 and took third in the class, beating the previous days winner Roger Holder.
1. Les Andrew, Peugeot 104, 60.6%
2. Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 68.5%
3. Barrie Parker, Westfield, 74.6%
4. David Allman, Citroen Saxo, 89.4%
5. Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 93.6%
6. Rupert North, Rover Mini, 95.5%
7. Gareth Williams, Peugeot 106D, 100%
8. John Wadsworth, Ford KA, 100%
9. Dave Oliver, Peugeot 205, 103.9%
10. Roger Holder, Nissan Micra, 115.47%
Day 2 of the July Welsh Weekend will take us once more to Ty Newydd Farm, Newmarket Road, Dyseth. We are assured an enthusiastic welcome and a great event in super countryside. A perfect antidote to the festivities of Saturday evening!