Message below from Tony Streeting – re Bristol Motor Club’s Roy Fedden Trial.
After due consideration of all of the factors Dave Harris and I have jointly come to the conclusion that the responsible decision is not to run the Roy Fedden Trial this year.
We have advised our Club Chairman and Committee who acknowledge that it is our decision to make and fully support that.
The main considerations were:-
• The close proximity of the marshals to the competitors particularly in the event of a potential roll or other safety incident but also if any assistance is required merely to extricate a car from a section
• The wide geographical spread from which the competitors will travel
• The age range and potential at risk/vulnerable status of many of those in the event both competing and organising.
• The steeply rising Covid cases nationally which only compound this situation.
• The fact that we were due to use a new venue and the need to sort out new sections in a relatively short space of time.
• The Land Owner also believes it is the right decision.
I expect that you will be disappointed with this news but I trust that you will understand and respect our decision and the reasons for arriving at this conclusion.