Ian Wright continued his dominance of sporting trials to win the BTRDA Gold Star Final on Saturday in Northern Ireland, for the second time in three years to add to the British championship he won two months ago. Extremely wet and windy conditions tested all the drivers skills in finding traction and Wright and Julian Fack finishing well ahead of third place Ian Veale.
The Northern Ireland Sporting Trials Car Club hosted the Gold / Silver Star final for the first time following their drivers success twelve months ago, but Peter McKinney finished top home driver in fifth with Andrew McKinney retaining the Silver star title with a brilliant eighth overall ahead of Jerome Fack and Larry Carroll.
- Ian Wright (Sherpa Indy) 11points & OWN CAR AWARD
- Julian Fack (X-Factor) 16points & AGE AWARD
- Ian Veale (Sherpa) 34points
- John Fack (MSR) 35points – FIRST SOUTHERNER
- Peter McKinney (Crossle) 40points – FIRST NORTHERN IRELANDER
- Brian Edgar (Crossle) 47points
- Roland Uglow (Crossle) 50points
- Andrew McKinney (Concord) 52points – FIRST SILVER
- Mervyn McKinney (Kintec) 53points
- Ian Bell (Hamilton) 58points – FIRST MIDLANDER
See News item for more details on the weekend…