Mark Hoppe won his fourth trial of the year oozing with confidence all day despite miss routing on a section on the first round costing eight of his daily total of twelve points. Extremely dry steep twisty conditions suited the rear wheel drive class with Hoppe continuing his domination. Shawn Franklin slowly opened an advantage in the new car class over Barrie Parker to win by fourteen points and take second overall. Trevor Moffatt challenged in the morning but slipped back behind MSA Trials Chairman Nick Pollitt loosing on a tie break. Rupert North won the front wheel drive class from Neil Mackay by a handful of points to complete the podium overall. John Charles had his best result yet at national level second in class to Hoppe and fourth overall with a very consistent day beating fellow Liege driver Dick Glossop by a single point.
- Mark Hoppe, Dutton Melos, 50.4%
- Shawn Franklin, Citroen Saxo, 83.9%
- Rupert North, Rover Mini, 94.1%
- John Charles, Liege, 96.6%
- Barrie Parker, Fiat 600, 99.1%
- Dick Glossop, Liege, 100.8%
- Neil Mackay, Citroen AX, 103.9%
- Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 113.4%
- Gary Preston, Fiat 127, 113.7%
- Nick Pollitt, Suzuki Swift, 116.7%
Another popular and award-winning event, the Wye Valley Car Trial is situated near Ledbury and bristles with many and varied natural features. A good turnout can be expected so please get your entries in early to avoid disappointment.