Dick Glossop won the Warwickshire Car Trial at Burton Dassett Country Park with a clean final round that saw him overtake Dave Oliver by five points, after Oliver slowly let his good start diminish. Double British champion Mark Hoppe finally got the better of BTRDA Gold Star Champion Henry Kitching by four points to win the new car class and extend his lead in the championship. Meanwhile, Philip Buckle, last year's victor, won the front wheel drive class by five points from Colin Reid and Simon Harris, both of whom tied on points and were driving mk 1 Golf GTi's.
1. Dick Glossop, Liege, 68.2%
2. Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 84%
3. Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 84.7%
4. Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 86.6%
5. Philip Buckle, Citroen Saxo, 93.9%
6. Colin Reid, VW Golf GTI, 100%
7. Simon Harris, VW Golf GTI, 100%
8. Nick Pollitt, Vauxhall Corsa, 104.5%
9. Shawn Franklin, Citroen Saxo, 111.1%
10. Gary Preston, Fiat Uno, 112.2%
Popular with competitors and spectators, the Warwickshire Car Trial is held in the scenic Burton Dassett Hills Country Park, not far from the recently rebranded British Motor Museum at Gaydon. As always, the club will appreciate early entries so please don't delay!