Barrie Parker won the penultimate round on the BTRDA and MSA British Car Trials championships at the Matthews Auto Salvage Anglesey Car Trial at its new venue. Parker had fitted new smaller tyres to his Westfield that proved key to his winning margin. Once again Rupert North won the front wheel drive class on the island, but just failed to win overall. Henry Kitching was looking to continue his run of overall wins dating back to early June, but just missed out completing the podium. All three won their classes by clear margins. Shawn Franklin made the long trip from Bristol and was rewarded with second in class ahead of John Wadsworth. Brian and Kevin Roberts suffered with steering issues in their Dutton so were unable to challenge Parker.
1. Barrie Parker, Westfield, 64.7%
2. Rupert North, Rover Mini, 67.9%
3. Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 80.8%
4. Shawn Franklin, Ford KA, 139%
5. Brian Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 159%
6. Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 168%
7. John Wadsworth, Ford KA, 182%
8. Chris Judge, Citroen Saxo, 225%
9. Ioan Roberts, Citroen Saxo, 228%
10. Sion Roberts, Nissan Micra, 376%
Our September Welsh Weekend kicks off on Saturday 26th with the M.A.S. Trial at a new venue – really not far from the one used in recent years. New venues always bring with them different challenges for both the organisers and the competitors so please support the event if you can and enjoy the weekend!