Barrie Parker won the Ivinghoe Car Trial by a clear margin, having dominated his class all day. Parker took the lead initially, using all the Westfield's superior power in the wet, muddy conditions. Shawn Franklin, the reigning BTRDA Bronze Star champion, did the same in his VTS Saxo, over double British champion and brother in law Mark Hoppe. Hoppe couldn't claw back the points as it dried in the afternoon and ended up third overall. Franklin withstood the pressure for his best result to date in his new car. Simon Harris won the front wheel drive class, his only challenger been Rupert North, nine points behind. Dave Oliver had the best last round to close on Parker, but the class was long gone. Seventh place overall was Trevor Moffatt who returned to the sport after a long lay off, driving a Ford Ka, to finish third in a very competitive new car class.
1. Barrie Parker, Westfield, 59.6%
2. Shawn Franklin, Citroen Saxo, 74.1%
3. Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 91.6%
4. Simon Harris, VW Golf GTI, 100%
5. Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 115.9%
6. Rupert North, Rover Mini, 116.1%
7. Trevor Moffatt, Ford KA, 126.7%
8. Chris Judge, Citroen Saxo, 133.4%
9. John Wadsworth, Ford KA, 145.6%
10. Mike Trim, Citroen Saxo, 161.7%
One of the country's foremost trials clubs will be pleased to welcome you to their Ivinghoe Spring Trial, not far from Whipsnade Zoo. A good entry is expected so please get yours in early so as not to be disappointed.