Kevin Roberts became the eighth different winner of the season on the second day of the July Welsh Weekend, retaining the HCC Wales trophy he won last year. Roberts extended his lead all day in the rear wheel drive class to thirteen points at the end, coping well with the challenging sections. Henry Kitching took second overall ahead of Mark Hoppe. Brian Roberts finished fourth just ahead of Rupert North who once again just beat Garry Preston.
1. Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 78.5%
2. Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 82.0%
3. Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 93.2%
4. Brian Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 98.2%
5. Rupert North, Rover Mini, 98.7%
6. Garry Preston, Fiat Uno, 105.1%
7. Tim Beard, Citroen Saxo, 119.9%
8. David Allman, Citroen Saxo, 123%
9. David Walker, Ford Fiesta, 132.2%
10. Jo Preston, Fiat Uno, 140.1%
Day two of the July Welsh Weekend finds us at Clwyd Vale MC's HCC Wales Car Trial, this year at their site just to the East of Dyserth. Offering varied and challenging sections, another day of high-level competitive trialling can be assured.