Barrie Parker continued to dominate the 2011 Championship, winning the Gaby Mohr Car Trial organised by Wolverhampton & South Staffs Car Club, making it five wins in the last seven events. Parker started slowly, trying new tyres in damp conditions, but as they dried he stamped his authority on the event. ahead of Peter Houghton in the class. The front wheel drive class saw a titanic battle with Neil Mackay, Ray Jacobs and Rupert North very close. North startly badly with two mistakes but came through to win the class on the last round ahead of Jacobs. Steve Courts gradually opened out a clear lead in the rear wheel drive class from Malcolm Brown, while Duncan Stephens debuted his classic trials prepared Dutton Melos to win the highly modified class and drop lowest marks lost.
- Barrie Parker (Toyota MR2) 75.2%
- Steve Courts (Hillman Imp) 87.3%
- Rupert North (Rover Mini) 94.7%
- Duncan Stephens (Dutton Melos) 100%
- Peter Houghton (Suzuki Swift) 104.4%
- Ray Jacobs (Citroen AX) 104.9%
- Dave Walker (Vauxhall Corsa) 106.8%
- Neil Mackay (Citroen AX) 111.1%
- Chris Judge (Nissan Micra) 138.3%
- John Wadsworth (Ford KA) 142.0%
After the six week summer break, we move into the closing qualifying rounds for this year with the Gaby Mohr Car Trial, followed by the Ernest Owen Car Trial a week later. Two very challenging sites with highly capable organising teams. Not to be missed!