Dave Oliver produced a stunning and exemplary drive at the Gaby Mohr Car Trial as it returned to a previous venue, dropping just two points all day over 32 sections that dried as the day evolved. Normal rear wheel drive class winner Mark Hoppe dropped seventeen points which still proved sufficient for second overall, but not quite enough to secure the MSUK British championship which will be decided at the final event in two weeks. Trevor Moffatt won the new car class as expected from Tim Beard, completing the podium. Garry Preston maintained his championship challenge with a front wheel drive class win from Rupert North following a late charge from North. Ray Jacobs was also challenging Preston but broke a driveshaft during the final round. David Allman, sharing with Beard, finished seventh overall, from Simon Harris and his Golf. Graham Price finished fourth in class continuing to improve and ninth overall, ahead of stalwart Steve Courts who was returning four months after a knee replacement.
- Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 6.8%
- Mark Hoppe, Dutton Melos, 57.8%
- Trevor Moffatt, Vauxhall Corsa, 85.8%
- Garry Preston, Fiat 127, 94.4%
- Tim Beard, Ford KA, 99.3%
- Rupert North, Rover Mini, 101.9%
- David Allman, Ford KA, 102.4%
- Simon Harris, VW Golf GTi, 115.8%
- Graham Price, VW Lupo, 120.7%
- Steve Courts, Hillman Imp, 122.4%
Wolverhampton & South Staffs popular trial returns after a year off, and returns to the site on the southern side of the B4368.