Dave Harvey achieved his first national car trial overall win at the Basil Elkington event in Kent. Harvey was a delighted winner, having taken the early class lead over Barrie Parker who was back out in his championship winning MR2. Harvey withstood tremendous pressure all afternoon where sections punished any mistake to hold onto a decisive class win which saw his well received maiden overall win.
Roger Holder took the front wheel drive class win by two points from fellow autotester Brian Sharpe, who was in turn a single point ahead of the next three competitors in the dry Kent sunshine. The new car class saw Chris Judge in fourth place at lunch but just three points all afternoon saw him take the class lead, and third overall. Shawn Franklin, David Judge and Mike Trim all tied five points behind finishing in that order.
1. Dave Harvey, Hillman Imp, 79.4%
2. Roger Holder, Vauxhall Nova, 84.9%
3. Chris Judge, Citroan Saxo, 90.9%
4. Brian Sharpe, Nissan Micra, 103.8%
5. Dennis Usmar, Citroen AX GT, 113.2%
6. Martin Mackenzie, Vauxhall Nova, 113.2%
7. Robert Sharpe, Nissan Micra, 113.2%
8. Shawn Franklin, Ford KA, 113.6%
9. David Judge, Nissan Micra, 113.6%
10. Mike Trim, Citroen Saxo, 113.6%
We head off to Kent for The Sevenoaks and District Motor Club's Basil Elkington Trial. This enthusiastic club will make everyone welcome and ensure an excellent day's motor sport.