Kingsley wins back north
Father and son crew of Simon and Matthew Kingsley won the John Southern trial in Cumbria, his third of the year. At the wooded venue Kingsley excelled in the slippery conditions and rain that came in heavier during the afternoon forcing the halting of the event. Bryan Walker finished second just ahead of last weeks winner Richard Sharp. Boyd Webster finished fourth this week, after experiencing gas issues last week, just ahead of Andrew Woodhead who had one of his better results of late. Mike Salton was top live axle in eighth overall, and best red live driver, with Bob Packham winning the equivalent blue class. John Cole won the independent blue class. Meanwhile Neil Martin in only his second trial won the Rookie class in a very creditable seventeenth overall.
John Southern Sporting Trial
Reis BTRDA, NPTCC
1. Simon Kingsley / Matthew Kingsley, Crossle, 42
2. Bryan Walker / Mark Simpson, Jedi, 60
3. Richard Sharp / Joe Sharp, Cartwright, 62
4. Boyd Webster / Andrew Cains, Crossle, 65
5. Andrew Woodhead / Karen Briggs, Jedi, 66
6. George Watson / Victoria Watson, Hamilton, 69
7. Martin Grimwood / Vickie Hunter, Crossle, 70
8. Mike Salton / Duncan Walker, Concord, 71
9. David Halsall / David Campbell, Crossle, 80
10. Mark Milne / Andrew Davidson, Crossle, 81
Report: Duncan Stephens
Northern Phoenix Trials Car Club
Toilet facilities will be available on site. Please ensure that cars are refuelled safely.
Scrutineering starts at 9.30am. Any competitor not signed on by 10.15am may be excluded. The 1st car starts at 10:30:00.
Directions – Map reference SD627926 Post Code approx. LA10 5EE Lat & long N54:19:41 W2:34:26
3 miles from M6/J37 on A684 to Sedburgh. Turn L on the B6257 – site on L after about ½ mile.