Oliver does it again!
Dave Oliver became the first double winner of the year by winning the Wye Valley Car Trial. Oliver dominated from the beginning with slippery conditions not stopping his Hillman Imp. After the day-long battle over thirty two sections, he beat Steve Courts by nine points (who finished second in class). Mark Hoppe debuted another Saxo nationally to win the front wheel drive class in third overall, extending his lead in the Reis ASWMC Championship. Trevor Moffatt held the lunchtime lead in the new car class over double champion Henry Kitching, but following a catastrophic wrong route dropped to second in class just two points ahead of Shawn Franklin. Ray Jacobs kept Hoppe on his toes to finish fifth overall on a day dominated overall by the Hillman Imps.
Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 52.0%
- Steve Courts, Hillman Imp, 74.2%
- Mark Hoppe, Citroen Saxo, 77.4%
- Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 87.7%
- Ray Jacobs, Citroen Saxo, 89.3%
- Trevor Moffatt, Vauxhall Corsa, 94.8%
- Shawn Franklin, Citroen Saxo, 96.9%
- Rupert North, Rover Mini, 100.2%
- Tim Beard, Citroen Saxo, 110.5%
- Neil Mackay, Citroen AX, 113.1%
Our second event in June takes us to Herefordshire, in which county nestles Putley, somewhere between Hereford and Ledbury. The venue at Hill Farm offers varied slopes and surfaces to test drivers and cars and we can be assured that Simon Harris, as C /C, will pull out all the stops to make for another challenging and enjoyable trial. Your early entry, by email or post, will be appreciated.