23rd April 2017
Ernest Owen Car Trial
Dave Oliver ended triumphant after another rear wheel drive class titanic battle. Kevin Roberts led initially, then Barrie Parker. After lunch Parker slipped up dropping a careless two points, and then during the final round of dry hills Steve Courts dropped two points, meaning Dave Oliver won overall. Oliver, Parker and Courts having a point between each of them.
Meanwhile reigning champion Henry Kitching made his maiden outing of the year and won the new car class slowly opening a five point lead of Simon Harris during the afternoon. Chris Judge had a great day to finish third in a class of eleven.
Rupert North won the front wheel drive class from Shawn Franklin who shared his Mini after the last rounds winner Neil Mackay retired after lunch. Dean Partington won the classic trials class from fellow local Stuart Bartlett.
1. Dave Oliver, Hillman Imp, 72.6%
2. Henry Kitching, Vauxhall Corsa, 77.3%
3. Barrie Parker, Westfield SEi, 80.6%
4. Simon Harris, VW Lupo TDi, 83.5%
5. Steve Courts, Hillman Imp, 88.7%
6. Rupert North, Rover Mini, 92.5%
7. Chris Judge, Citroen Saxo VTR, 102.2%
8. Kevin Roberts, Dutton Phaeton, 112.9%
9. Nick Pollitt, Suzuki Swift, 116%
10. John Wadsworth, Ford Ka, 120.9%
Nicely timed to burn off any excesses of chocolate from the Easter weekend, we look forward to another challenging trial at Catton Park, brought to us by Owen Motoring Club. This varied, parkland setting is guaranteed to make for a really enjoyable day’s trialling. Your early entries will be appreciated and may be emailed (see the Entry Form for details).