DEMON TWEEKS/BTRDA & MSA AUTOTEST CHAMPIONSHIPS ROUND 2 Herefordshire Motor Club Foxley Autotest Sunday 6th April
Drizzly conditions, a greasy surface and a later downpour did not deter the 26 competitors at the Foxley estate for Herefordshire Motor Club's annual Demon Tweeks/BTRDA & MSA Championship Autotest. Four runs at the four varied test sites provided a full day's competition at this popular and picturesque venue.
Early leader was Malcolm Livingston in one of his rare outings in the Lotus 7, but an uncharacteristic mistake half way through the event saw his lead fall away, and Dave Evans in his Blitz special took up the running, and stayed in front to take FTD after 16 challenging tests. Class winners were : Rob Rolston, Mini 1380. Roger Holder, 1.4 Nova. Malcolm Livingston, Lotus 7. Paul Fobister, Haigh Special. and Liam Rollings, Mini 1300. Best Novice Toby Cook, Nissan Micra. Best HMC Jim Lewis Vauxhall Corsa.
Top Ten positions:
- Dave Evans, Blitz Special 992 secs
- Paul Fobister, Haigh Special 1021.2 secs
- Malcolm Livingston, Lotus 7 1023.8 secs
- Chris Chapman, RAW Striker 1036.5 secs
- Stuart Perren, Retrotester 1039.7 secs
- Roger Holder Nova 1400, 1043.8 secs
- Keith Walton, LocostKW7, 1103.9 secs
- Rob Rolston, Mini 1126.7 secs
- Helen Perren, Retrotester 1148.1 secs
- Dave Cook, Nissan Micra 1162.5 secs.
Regulations for the Foxley Autotests can now be downloaded