BTRDA® Gold Star® Champions

BTRDA® Clubmans Rallycross Rd 3

Added: 27th April 2010


The best supported class in the third round of the nine-event BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Championship, the SuperModified category brought a dream debut for Kenny Hall (Jedburgh) who enjoyed a superb run to pole position and the A final victory in the first appearance of his new Renault Clio.

Jonny Bean (Northallerton) was fastest in the first qualifying heat before Dave Black (Berwick) moved ahead in the second before Hall went ahead in the third heat and set fastest time of the day with a 2m48.441s run.

Black and Dave Ewin (Shap) completed the front row starters, Shelley Wakeling (Braintree) and Neil Wade (Lincoln) sharing row two while another driver with a new car for this event, John Mooney (Newcastle) qualified sixth ahead of Bean who went out of the event after his BMW 325 expired in a cloud of smoke at the end of the second heat.

The B final was won by Stan Hunter (Newcastle) who joined the A final starters in eighth place on the grid and who put in a good drive to climb to fifth at the end of the race.

Hall led from the start and completely dominated the race, lapping almost two seconds faster than his rivals and winning the five lap race by slightly less than 10 seconds. Ewin placed second with Wade and Wakeling both gaining places to finish third and fourth. Black and Mooney both had spins, but rejoined and finished sixth and seventh respectively.

Stock Hatch

There were only four starters in the class at Knockhill but a close contest throughout the event with three different drivers setting fastest times in the heats. Stuart Jackson (Newcastle) opened the event with fastest time in first heat. While Jackson's opening shot stood as the class FTD, Adam Clark (Leeds) set fastest time in the second heat and David Pearson (Ongar) was quickest in the third qualifier. It was Pearson who emerged with pole fore the A final, but when the race started it was Clark, from the centre of the front row, who went ahead. Clark put in a very quick first lap and was then able to maintain the advantage he had established to take his second consecutive win in the championship. Pearson was second, ahead of Bob Hardie (Aylesbury) and Jackson who suffered a couple of spins but regained the road to place fourth.


New racer this year Paige Bellerby (Northallerton) went head-to-head with the much more experienced Keifer Hudson (Harrogate) in the Junior Rallycross category which had only two starters at Knockhill. Bellerby was fastest in the second and third heats, putting in a great performance to outqualify Hudson.

The final, however, was run in perhaps the worst conditions of the day, torrential rain making the track very slippery and handing the advantage back to Hudson who took a clear victory over Bellerby.


Fastest in the first and third heats, Ben Clark qualified on pole for the A final and shared the front row of the grid with Kris Hudson and John Thacker.

It was Thacker who led the field away at the start, but the first corner was again treacherously slippery in heavy rain and Thacker's Mini immediately slid off the track. Clark regained the advantage and led the field away and had established a comfortable advantage over his rivals by the end of the first lap. It stayed that way until the third lap when Clark ran off the track and the lead was snatched away by Hudson. Clark rejoined in second place but had lost a lot of ground to Hudson who splashed home the clear winner.

the winner's younger brother, Keifer, moved up the field from eighth on the grid to take third place at the finish while Minicross veteran Richard Wakeling put in a classy run to move from sixth to fourth. Mark Griffin was fifth, ahead of Tom Edwardes, Samanthan O'Flannagan and Kelly Bird. Ian Clark went off in the second lap and George Edwardes didn't make it to the final after rolling his car in the second qualifying heat.